Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Heaven, I'm in Heaven...

On Saturday I found Heaven in the form of a cookie. There is a delightful little shop in South Jordan called Over The Top Cookies and let's just say, 'Yum'! They are called "over the top" because there are pieces of candy bar on TOP of the cookies! The lemon is my favorite but the Twix is also mighty delicious. I'm not Sheldon but I'm also not a dummy. I do understand basic physics and I don't know how they do it. The candy is obviously not part of the baking process--if it was then the chocolate would be completely melted. The pieces are stuck on the cookie so at some point during the cooling process the candy is applied but they are totally firm and have perfect shape. I need to practice and see if I can master the art. Anyone up for trying out my creations--I'm sure there will be lots of messes and screw ups.

Next time you're dying for a treat try this little piece of heaven--104th South and Redwood--right behind Cafe Rio!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

How do you find all these places?! It's like you have a homing device for yummy baked goods. :)