Saturday, November 15, 2008

OhHelpMeRhonda!

One of my colleagues shared with me the following from her brother who teaches middle school geography. Funny, yes. Horribly tragic in pondering about who will be the future leaders of America, YES!

I’m sitting here grading late work. One of the questions on my assignment was “Why are there large areas of uninhabited/zero population density in northern Africa?” The kids are using a map to answer this. On the map it shows that the Sahara Desert is in Northern Africa.

The answer I get from a student? Well, let me reproduce it for you WORD FOR BLESSED WORD:

Because that’s where many of the really poor and skinny people live that are always starving and dying cause they dont have anything there many people are dying there thats why.

Of course, I should have known we were in for a rocky start when this same student, in answer to the question, “What is the major economic use of land in Africa?” (again, using a map with bright colors for each economic land use type) wrote, “Asia!”

Complete with the exclamation point.

I swear to you, I’m making a sign to put on my wall that says “It’s not my fault you’re stupid.”

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Oh...that is tragically hilarious!! :)