Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pain and Sadness

Today when I was stirring my microwaved Lean Cuisine lunch and trying to avoid third degree steam burns two pieces of chicken fell on the floor. Do you know how big a deal it is when TWO out of the four or five you actually get fall to the floor and must be thrown away. Now I'm going to think about those pieces all day long and mourn their loss in my belly.

I'll be honest, I didn't want to eat this 220 calorie feast of frozen cardboard. I really want 5 Guys but as my co-worker TM and I discussed last week, I may want 5 Guys every bloody single day but I don't want to look like someone who eats 5 Guys every bloody single day. So here I am sitting here and savoring every freaking tiny bite (sans two bites of chicken) and looking forward to three o'clock when I get to eat an apple.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I've been eating a basically gluten free diet for the past three weeks, as well as eating at least five fruits and vegetables each day. I miss a lot of food I used to be able to eat too. Hang in there. :)