Tuesday, August 14, 2012

40 Fabulous Things About Me!

(these are in no particular order)

I love The Bachelor franchise.

I loathe emoticons and abbreviations. I don't judge people who use them and I will admit that sometimes you just gotta (another thing I hate but you know...sometimes it is necessary) to convey your point.

I love hugs from kids. I met the cutest kid a few weeks ago at BBQ and she was adorbs (yeah, I did it again).

I loathe vinyl families on cars. Occasionally I spot a really great one like *the man and woman with the money bags instead of kids* but in the end it is all just really tacky.

I'm addicted to podcasts. I can listen for hours and hours and hours. I haven't listened to music at work in I don't know how long.

I loathe with all my soul the idea of City Creek Mall.

I love cupcakes, cookies, and any kind of baked good.

I loathe insincerity and fakeness.

I love Michelle Obama.

I loathe driving.

I love diet coke but have stopped having it at my house. None of you have any idea how big of a deal that is.

I loathe the heat this summer and am done, done, done with it.

I love the violet streak in my hair. Thanks, Twix for doing what I asked and thank you Z for prepping him with the idea.

I loathe Glen Beck.

I love my family.

I loathe ranch dressing.

I love the Olympics (yet, I hate most sports).

I loathe teasing. I'm sensitive and it is always rooted in meanness.

I love being pampered.

I loathe most chain restaurants.

I love freshly painted nails.

I love to read.

I love that occasionally the patriarchal order actually comes in handy: when the check boxes get delivered, when I have to move for the 17,000th time into a new office and when the guy drives.

I love each and every one of my friends.

I love boutique shopping -- not for crafts but for unique clothes, jewelry and fun stuff.

I love having cut flowers in my home.

I love clean sheets.

I love 6 o'clock, 10 o'clock, Noon, 3 p.m. and 7 ish -- it is when I get to eat.

I love freshly shaved legs.

I love anything flavored with cinnamon.

I love unrestrained giggles.

I love Taco Amigo peach shakes.

I love nicknames.

I love Becky Higgins' Project Life.

I love that I've lost 12 of the 20 lbs that I gained out of nowhere.

I love surprises.

I love post-exercise endorphins.

I love my new normal.

I love that on September 19th I will not be one bit different than I am today on August 14th. It has taken me a while to realize this.

I love that there are amazingly strong women who are trying to figure out how to live in this world and how to properly raise a girl to be smart, open, kind and in love with herself.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I love clean sheets and freshly shaved legs too. Congratulations on losing 12 pounds! I turned 40 this year and it's been the best year of my life so far. I hope it's the same for you. :)

Z said...

WOOT! I appreciate the love/loathe format. I love that you included that nicknames part.

You forgot: you love the color red, you want to go to India someday, your favorite is Red Velvet cupcakes and you loathe improv comedy. But I suppose keeping it concise was a factor.

(Also - the validation code to post a comment is prefaced with the phrase "Please prove you're not a robot" but I'm pretty sure Mitt Romney's hard drive brain would find a way around it.)

sonya d said...

I pretty much agree with everything on this list, especially Ranch dressing. The only thing worse is Thousand Island.
Oh, and of course, the Bachelor franchise, which is pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me.