Sunday, November 8, 2009

Psycho? Um...not really!

I just received an E-mail invitation to see a little movie that premieres on November 20th and it reminded me that I've needed to clarify something...

I'm not a Twilight psycho. I'm not obsessed. I'm not a crazy person -- yes I am a crazy person but not necessarily just about this.

I very much enjoyed the series. I loved the world Stephenie built. I enjoyed most of the characters and definitely was excited for the release of each book. The books are fun, exciting, a little bit sexy and I know got a bunch of people who don't read reading which in and of itself is always a good thing. I think Eclipse is my favorite or it used to be but right now New Moon is at the top of my list especially as I remember the first time I read it. I'd been sitting in my favorite chair at my parents "pretending" that I was okay so that they would let me leave the house but so sick I could barely walk up the stairs. I will never forget the crushing feeling I had when I read for the first time pages 85-93. What an amazing literary tool. Genius. Do I think they are the best books ever written? No. Not even the best vampire books. They are fun and I enjoyed sharing the series with everyone I knew that Christmas. So, the real question--if I'm not the biggest Edward fan on the planet (I do love love love him) then why go to all the effort to rent out a theater? Answer: I'd introduced it to so many people and since I never combine friends I figured if I didn't want to see the movie a zillion times then maybe we could all see it together. It was definitely an interesting night and it was a blast to see 220 people who somehow knew someone who knew me in one place to enjoy something we all liked. This year I'm very much looking forward to showing up 5 minutes before the movie starts and watching. Sans stress. Sans being in charge. Sans all the pressure and drama. Sans that evil brat kicking me in the head for two hours because she was mad that she didn't get a prize. Plus, I think this movie is going to be WAY better!

3 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

If I were in Utah would I get to come? I miss movie night with you. Not seeing many movies in the theater around here. The closest one that isn't in the "hood" is over an hour away. Not practical. I've discovered Red Box and that is helping.

Wendi said...

I didn't love the first movie. I really hope this one is better. Let me know. :)

Cali said...

I wish it wasn't showing at midnight, cuz there's no way I can stay up that late, even though I really really REALLY want to see it. I guess I'll have to wait until it dies down a little to be able to get a ticket.