Sunday, November 8, 2009

This IS It

Friday night I had one of the most satisfying experiences of my most recent existence: me and MJ and a whole bunch of amazing music. Yeah, I was there with a friend and a theater full of people but all that mattered to me was that I was re-living a large chunk of my childhood and adolescence in pure bliss. Sitting in a movie theater with a HUGE grin on my face and listening to and watching The King of Pop. That man was the most amazing entertainer. I so wish I had ever been able to see him live. It was incredible to watch him -- 50 years old and out dancing all of his 20 year old 'hotness monster' dancers who by the way were panting -- AND MJ was singing as well. I think everyone who really knows me knows I am not conservative about entertainment, sex or politics but I do have some pretty tight Amish rules about public behavior (unless I'm at The Melting Pot). Those nearly went out the window Friday night because there were a few moments during Beat It, Billie Jean and Thriller where I DO NOT KNOW how I sat in my chair. I wanted to get up and dance so badly. We were sitting on the row with the bar and my little feet were just a dancing and my butt dancing was probably out of control but I had so much fun! Last night in the privacy and comfort of my living room I turned the music up as far as it would go and danced to my hearts content. How terrifying should it be that I still remember the words to Thriller? I guess it could have something to do with the fact that we watched it 19,000 times. Watch. Stop. Rewind. Watch. Stop. Rewind. Watch. Stop. Rewind. Watch. Heaven!

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. :)

Valerie said...

It's me again... Redhead Chrissy's sister. You love me lurking on your blog, don't you?!?!

I took my 7 year old to see this movie and he couldn't be satisfied with just tapping his foot on the bar. He actually jumped out of his seat, during Billy Jean and started busting his own MJ moves up and down the aisle... I couldn't get him to sit down again (and why would I want to?) One of these days I'm going to covertly video him moon walking or boogying (thank heavens no crotch grabbing!) He listens to his MJ CD daily, cranked up as loud as it can go.

Kimmietaz said...

I'm going tonight. Can't wait to see it!