Monday, February 9, 2009

I *HEART* Music 2008

Okay, okay...I realize it is February 9th and I'm finally posting my music list for 2008. A lot of these are not new--they are not even new to me but they are the songs that made up my musical life for the year and a lot of them helped to keep me sane. These are in NO particular order...prepare to be a little shocked!

Fight Song...Republic Tigers
The Big Sleep...Oliver Futura
No Heaven...Champion
Paper Planes...MIA
Sweet Heart Killer...Si Hi to Your Mom
Crush...Paramore
Supermassive Black Hole...Muse
Breakfast in NYC...Oppenheimer
Stranger Things Have Happened...Foo Fighters
That Time...Regina Spektor
Suffer Well...Depeche Mode
Hate Me...Blue October--pretty sure this was on my list last year--can't get enough!
Congratulations...Blue October
Love You Madly...Cake
How to Say Goodbye...Paul Tiernan
Scarecrow...Beck
House of Cards...Radiohead
One Week of Danger...The Virgins
Running on Sunshine...Jesus Jackson
Orchid...Alanis Morrisette
Someday Never Comes...Brandi Carlisle
Rewind...Stereophonics
Ooh La La...Goldfrapp
I Feel it All...Feist
Henry Poole is Here...Ron Irizarry

Biggest musical shocks of 2008: I let a little "pop" into my life: Ting Tings, Justin Timberlake, Colbie Caillat. Oh, and damn damn you David Cook. If anyone knows where I can get a copy of That Kiss by The Courteeners, I will love you forever--and I totally put out!

P.S. It is ridiculously embarrasing how many times I've listened to some of these songs. It was shocking even to ME to look at the play count...Oy Vey!

4 comments:

Cali said...

Love love you madly by Cake. The best!

Angi Snyder said...

Why why why do I feel so much older than you when I read your music list? I've never even heard of most of them. Oh wait, it's because I listen to Country and hairbands...must download your playlist.

Angi Snyder said...

Wait...you put out? I could totally hook you up.

Kimmietaz said...

I have the Courteeners, and tried to send it to your work email, but no dice. You must have firewall. Check your Yahoo account and if that doesn't work, I'll mail you a CD of it.