Friday, May 4, 2012

A Guy Like Jon

cross country texting...

Me: Why can't we find guys like Jon Stewart?
S: Because we know Mormons and he's a Jew.
Me: Ugh, true.

Last night during dinner I was watching The Daily Show and my I-wish-he-was-my-boyfriend was talking about some random lunatic spouting off about having a problem "voting for someone who worships a different God than me" and Jon said, "Hey, I'm a Jew, you get used to it after a while". Really, Crazy Christians, why does it matter? I know it seems as if I'm even defending that person that I will not name but I'm not. I don't like him and I won't vote for him but I do find it silly that millions of people seem to care what God he worships and is basing that on his ability to lead the United States. I personally believe our country has bigger problems than caring about if Mormons are Christian or not. Cause the bottom line is a lot of them are and some of them aren't.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I like the last two lines. Well said. :)

sonya d said...

I'm pretty convinced that I should have been born Jewish.