Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Be the Me


Live in the moment. Be real. Be vulnerable with people who matter. Be myself. Be me. Be me. Be me. Be the me that is often happy, giggling and smiling but sometimes a little sad. Be the me that laughs out loud at silly jokes and stories. Be the me that loves being hugged and held and sometimes touched. Be the me that sometimes panics and freaks out. Let her have her five minutes (or two days) and then remember that life is good and it is spring and work doesn’t suck that bad. Be the me that cries at the Google Chrome: Coffee commercial and really wishes that that guy existed. Be the me that recognizes my self-destructive behaviors and moves the hell on. Be the me that let the crush guy go because he’s not good enough and it is time to focus on the two someone’s who might be. Be the me that is less and less like that damaged girl on the nastiest show on TV. At the beginning of the season we may have been long lost identical twins but every week I recognize less of myself in her as I’ve grown and become a much healthier happier person. Be the me that every day is learning from new modern-day heroes who are helping me to make subtle changes to be the very best version of me.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I like your new blog template and profile picture. I think I've enjoyed every version of you. But it's great to always be improving and evolving. Thanks for the good example. :)