Friday, May 13, 2011

When I Grow Up

When I was a little girl and people would ask me if I would marry a doctor or a lawyer when I grew up my mother would often answer "No, she's going to be one". Which is nice and fine and dandy. What I really wanted to be was President of the United States. Now that I'm a grown up or kind of a grown up I know that is quite possibly the worst job in the world so I'm glad I'm not the leader of the free world. Now as I contemplate what I want to be when I grow up it is a lot less about what I do for a living than what kind of a person I will be in general.

When I grow up:

I want to be kind
I want to be loving
I want to be understanding of the differences in others
I want to think before I speak and type and act
I want to be forgiving
I want to be helpful

Mostly I want to be me but a better, more positive and more successful version of me.

2 comments:

ammy said...

I like it. Agree to be a better person is hard. But what is better then being the best you can be :)

Wendi said...

I actually think you've grown up to be a great person already. :)