Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Decisions are the Worst

Tonight after my weekly dinner date with RHC we went to look at a new apartment for me. My lease expired last week and against my better judgement I said I would sign another 6 month lease. To put it mildly I have major commitment issues and despise signing leases. Even though I have no real intention of moving I hate the thought of being stuck anywhere. After I agreed to sign the lease (but haven't done it yet) I discovered that there will be another noisy tiny human living upstairs in about 6 months. I love that my place is newish, mostly affordable and close to work. I love all my things but without a doubt my apartment is TINY. Miniature. Wee.

The place we looked at tonight is 2 blocks from where I currently live (so still super close to work) and is GIGANTIC. So freaking big--at least 2.5 times the size of my current place. The house is newer and pretty and I'd have a living room, two real bedrooms, a walk-in closet and a pantry in the kitchen. An actual pantry.

Reasons not to take the new place:

*I hate moving. A lot.
*More money per month
*I'd have to buy a washer/dryer and a bunch more furniture to fill all the space
*I did agree to sign the damn lease
*I hate moving
*The big fat unknown
*Would I really move to another place in The UC? If I were to move wouldn't it be up North?
*Did I say how much I hate moving?

Regardless of what happens it is something to think about and consider--as if I don't have enough rolling around in my head right now. Oy vey.

1 comment:

Tina W said...

I dream of a spare bedroom. It would make me so happy. I fear a bigger place would also make you happy. Does it have light? That would also make you happy.